Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

In the Dream - My Home

I have many recurring dreams that I remember. In one of these recurring dreams I return to the neighborhood where I lived from about age 9 until I went away to college at age 17. (My parents moved to another town about four or five years after that.)

The other night, for the first time, the dream was different in that I was on the right street but none of the houses looked familiar, and a different house stood where my house was supposed to be. The following poem expresses my experience in that dream.

Below the poem is a reading I created to further explore the meaning of the dream. For the reading I used Twilight Realm: A Tarot of Faery by Beth Wilder (Schiffer).

The Poem

In the dream
I am standing on a street
In the neighborhood where I lived
From middle-childhood to late teens.
But none of the houses
Look familiar.
I don’t see my house
Anywhere on the street.
Where is my home?
What do I do now?


The Reading

Where is my home?

EIGHT SWORDS

My home is somewhere outside the self-created cage or prison I have built to protect myself, to keep myself safe. I have erected a barrier between who I am and who I could be. I limit and restrict myself to a narrow point of view, one that fosters anxiety and depression. My home, where I belong, is outside those self-made walls.

How will I get to my home?

EIGHT WANDS

I will get to my home seeking open places where my energy is free to propel me upward and onward. Great speed is possible on the journey, as long as I remain sharply focused on my destination and goal.


When will I arrive?

PRINCE OF WANDS

I will arrive when I have learned and mastered the desire to explore new places, to rebel against the self-imposed limitations I have placed on myself that keep me from traveling to my home.


Who or what else lives there?

ACE OF WANDS

A new idea, action, or beginning filled with possibilities, energy, and opportunity lives there.

What do I need to understand about my home?

THE MAGICIAN

My home is my Self, released from constraints and free to use the powers of mind, spirit, body, and heart to control my surroundings. I need to understand that I am in control of my own situation, and I have the ability to create the home I desire.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Zanna This reading really resonated with me. With the first card you showed me that their is always a choice to leave this supposedly "save " place and to find your way through the rest of the reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the reading was meaningful to you, Ellen. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This has a wonderful message for anyone searching for "home". And the progression of the cards make so much sense. Very nice. I'd like to share this with my Tarot class, if I may.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Camilla. I'm glad you like the spread. Please feel free to share it with your Tarot class.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna