Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Inspired by the Tarot: Haiku, Part 2

I am pleased to share the next installment in the “Great Haiku Experiment” undertaken by Helen and me. We took turns choosing the deck for each card, then wrote alternate lines of the Haiku. To read the first set of poems, click HERE.

Ghost Tarot with artwork
by Davide Corsi (Lo Scarabeo)

THE HIEROPHANT

In darkness, faith shines, 
a comfort in times of need.
We walk towards the light.



Wonderland Tarot by Christopher & Morgana Abbey
Artwork by Morgana Abbey
Published by U.S. Games Systems Inc.

THE LOVERS

Love, your choice to make.
Look both ways before you choose.
Life can change for you.


Tarot of the Mystic Spiral by Giovanni Pelosini
Artwork by Giuseppe Palumbo (Lo Scarabeo)

THE CHARIOT

On the road of life,
draw on courage and your strength.
Steer a steady course.


Tarot Bella
Unfinished deck by Helen Howell

STRENGTH

Face the lion within,
your touch gentle, your voice firm
a quiet strength prevails



Morgan-Greer Tarot
illustrated by Bill Greer
(U.S. Games Systems, Inc.)

THE HERMIT

Hold high the lantern.
The path to enlightenment 
is clear to you now.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, is Tarot Bella going to be a full finished deck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed how well your sentences blend together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Can hardly believe these were written in partnership, they work so seemlessly. Beautiful. I especially adored the Lovers haiku - funny and excellent match to the card :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharyn, I'm afraid not, Tarot Bella was started some years ago and now I've lost the momentum for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame, such lovely cards those you did create :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you it's very kind of you to say so Inner Whispers

      Delete
    3. Hi Helen, Inner Whispers is Chloë, and you know I've always loved your artwork. Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
    4. I knew it was your Chloe but I had a seniors moment and forgot how to spell your name ^_^ just overtired I think. I'm good and I hope you are too.

      Delete
    5. Glad you haven't forgotten me entirely, Helen :D I'm tired, too, but all the better for seeing your cheerful posts, jokes, and beautiful photos :)

      Delete
    6. I would never forget you Chloe, ^_^ only how to spell your name LOL - Glad you enjoyed my silly jokes and my photos. I see your posts on fb too ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna