Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hidden Influence Spread: Winged Enchantment Oracle

For today’s reading I am using The Winged Enchantment Oracle Deck, written by Lesley Morrison with artwork by Lisa Hunt (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) To read my review of this deck, click HERE.

I am using a spread provided in the guidebook that accompanies this beautiful deck. Titled “The Hidden Influence Spread,” it employs five cards with the following positional definitions:

(1) This card shows your past actions that have led you forward.
(2) This card represents you now.
(3) This card reveals what is on the immediate horizon.
(4) This card shows influences that are holding you back.
(5) This card reveals hidden influences that are supporting your past.

The Layout:


I am including a brief “By the Numbers” comment for each card, my own idea incorporating numerology based on the card numbers reduced to a single digit.

The Reading:

(1) This card shows your past actions that have led you forward.

PELICAN / 27

The Pelican demonstrates careful observation and planning, the use of skills that are needed to reach a goal, determination, and teamwork. These are characteristics that have led me forward. At the same time, Pelican observes that my viewpoint in the past may have been too restricted, and I may have let my expectations control me instead of releasing those expectations and allowing things to unfold naturally. I may have tripped over my own feet or lost sight of the bigger picture. Even so, I do feel the more useful qualities of the Pelican have served me on this journey.

By the Numbers: The number 9 (2+7) usually points to completion and transformation, the end of one cycle or stage while entering, transformed, into a new cycle or stage.

(2) This card represents you now.

STARLING / 33

The Starling represents a relinquishing of the ego and the ability to embrace a powerful relationship with society. I do this by teaching what I have learned to others, blending myself into the bigger picture. I share my work, seeking unity and wholeness with the world.

By the Numbers: The number 6 (3+3) is often about peace, harmony, and balance as well as resolution of tensions and social responsibility.

(3) This card reveals what is on the immediate horizon.

DUCK / 9

The Duck offers the idea of exploring and understanding my inner motivations, the complexities of my emotions, and how feelings can propel me forward or drown me. On the immediate horizon, there is a need to equalize polarities, to avoid being overly emotional while still allowing my emotions to play a role. Heavy emotional entanglements can overwhelm me, but healing is only available when I accept my emotions and allow them a place in my life.

By the Numbers: As mentioned above, the number 9 usually points to completion and transformation, the end of one cycle or stage while entering, transformed, into a new cycle or stage.

(4) This card shows influences that are holding you back.

HAWK / 15

On the positive side, the Hawk is a majestic visionary, seeing everything from every angle. In the guidebook for this deck, Lesley Morrison writes: “If I [The Hawk] am circling overhead it is because you are not yet aligned with your future.” Influences that are holding me back might include a lack of vision that prevents me from constructing and shaping my path ahead (rather than just *seeing* it). I can imagine and project, but I must also act in a way that supports what I seek to accomplish.

By the Numbers: As mentioned above, the number 6 (1+5 in this case) is often about peace, harmony, and balance as well as resolution of tensions and social responsibility.

(5) This card reveals hidden influences that are supporting your past.

LARK / 19

It is interesting to see this card here because when I initially removed this deck from the box for this reading, The Lark was face up on top, causing me to look at it for a few seconds before carefully shuffling the deck. Clearly it had no intention of being buried! Hidden influences that are supporting my past might include the influence of sound – words, expression, songs, any use of my voice. This is about my ability to direct my voice toward my destiny clearly and with intention, depth, and purpose. The positive qualities of the Lark supported those of the Penguin (position 1, above) to lead me forward.

By the Numbers: The number 1 (1+9 = 10, 1+0 = 1) often references purposeful behavior along with independence and new beginnings. All of these have certainly played a part in bringing me forward from my past.


This is an interesting collection of birds: pelican, starling, duck, hawk, and lark. Some are known for their voice, others for their hunting prowess. The pelican and the duck are masters of both air and water, where the lark, hawk, and starling travel the airways. For numbers, I have 9 twice and 6 twice, with 1 in the last position. Transformation, harmony, and a clear direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna